Thanks for Blogger Awards
Encouraged by my girlfriend Jenny, I recently started this little blog as a way to share some of my photos and commentary about places, people and experiences I encounter. Already, I have met some remarkable people from around the world, whose artistic and creative talents in writing, photography and art have inspired and motivated me. Recently, a couple of these people nominated me for a few blogger awards, and I was completely surprised and extremely grateful for their recognition. I would like to thank Kimberly Konkol at everlastingloveofflowers.wordpress.com who recognized me for the Versatile Blogger and Sunshine Awards. I’d also like to thank Humbled Pie at humbledpie.wordpress.com (my very first follower) for the Reader Appreciation Award.
The rules for all of these are similar. If you choose…
- Add a photo for the award you received to a blog post.
- Link back to your nominating blogger(s) in your post.
- Tell us some random stuff about yourself that might not be evident by following your blog.
- Nominate some worthy bloggers for the same award you received and leave them a note linking them back to your award post.
All of my nominations are for bloggers that I continually return to and find myself liking their posts repeatedly. They are diverse in genre and artistic style, yet each has a special way of catching my eye or attention with their unique styles. I’m sure many of them have already been recognized for some of these awards, and I hope they will indulge me to recognize them again.
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger:
My nominations for The Sunshine Award:
My nominations for the Reader Appreciation Award:
7 random things about me:
- I am a proud Dad of a teenaged son and daughter who are twins.
- I play the piano and a djembe (an African drum)
- I go to Starbucks just about every single day (an addiction yes)
- Snow skiing is my favorite winter sport
- I love being on the water and own an old motor yacht that I call my dockside condo
- I moved 8 times in my life and now live in the same neighborhood in which I grew up (just up the street)
- I’ve learned that everyone has a story worth knowing
Congratulations. You blog is an inspiration to us all. Beautiful thoughts and images. Thank you for sharing this award. It is a joy and an honor. Sorry for the delayed response. Best wishes!
October 4, 2012 at 5:18 am
Congrats Rob on your multiple awards! It is understandable why you received them, I too enjoy your blog! I also thank you very very much for nominating me for your Reader Appreciation Award, what an honor and I appreciate it! I also look forward to checking out your other nominated blogs!
June 12, 2012 at 11:15 pm
Thanks again. You and I have similar interests and subjects for our photography and I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your photos of bay life. Yours is one of my favorites 🙂
June 13, 2012 at 12:01 am
Hi, Rob — This is a wonderful blog and you deserve these awards. Thank you for including me in your nominations.
June 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm
Thank you so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it 🙂 And congratulations on your awards! Very well deserved, your photos are fantastic!!
Have a great weekend 🙂
June 9, 2012 at 12:17 am
You’re very welcome, and thanks for the compliment. – Rob
June 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm
Congratulations on your bevvy of awards. So well deserved! Thanks so much for nominating me for the Reader Appreciation Award! As you know, I can be a little tardy on passing these on but I will soon, promise! Thanks so much again and it means so much that you thought of me. Have a lovely evening, Lorelei
June 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm
Congratulations on these multiple awards!! I love your list especially no.1 and 7. Thank you for the kind nomination and enjoying your photos very much! Warmest greetings, Sharon
June 8, 2012 at 7:50 am